Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an MP830 pixma printer. Cyan has stopped working.

Hi. I have an...

Hi. I have an MP830 pixma printer. Cyan has stopped working. I've performed unclog the heads twice and done a deep cleaning, but nothing changes. I recently replaced the cartridge, just to make sure it wasn't the problem. Suggestions?

Technician's Assistant: Is this the first time you've had to change the ink for your Pixma?

No. I've had it for years, lots of cartridges

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

No error message. I can open the lid

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Nope. Nothing else

3/24/2018
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Make sure that you are using exact model, and original cartridges. Then, try the following and let me know the response.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.

Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.

Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.

If any of the cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.

Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message. When inserting the cartridges back, make sure you insert the black cartridge first.

Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!