Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

810 printer, a family member changed a setting to save ink…

Customer Question
810 printer, a family...

810 printer, a family member changed a setting to save ink on a long document. The printer has never worked right since. Any ideas on how to fix the printer.

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? If so, what do they say?

No message, no errors

Technician's Assistant: The last time you changed your cartridges, did you replace them with new ones or refill the old ones?

Just very very print

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I bought a new Epson 98 cartridge

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/24/2018
Technician: Thomas Kline,
 replied 3 months ago
Thomas Kline

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com, my name is Thomas, I realize how frustrating this is and I will do my best to assist you.
Keep in mind that we are not a free service and require payment for our work, which is guaranteed. If you do not wish to pay for our assistance - please let me know now.
You may see some automatic pop-up with offers for Membership or Remote Assistance, please ignore or close them if you do not want it. I have no control over those offers.

Technician: Thomas Kline,
 replied 3 months ago

try resetting the printer to original settings

Press Home and select Setup.
Select Restore Default Settings. Select Reset All except Network & Fax Settings.

I have reset. Ive been working on the issue for several weeks. turned it off, reset, bought an epson cartridge
Technician: Thomas Kline,
 replied 3 months ago

ok, what is actually happening? is it printing very lightly?

Printing lightly
Another user did something to make it print 'lightly' when a long document that did not requiring high print quality was being printed. I don't know what was done, I don't think it ever printed well since. The printer is not used a lot, a ream of paper lasts several months.
Technician: Thomas Kline,
 replied 3 months ago

are you able to print in color?

lightly
Technician: Sheri, Expert replied 3 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. I see that you still need help with this printing issue. First, the 810 printer, what brand is it and is that the full model number? Let me know so we can go to the next step.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Please reply and let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

I think I have resolved the problem. I ran the printer in print head cleaning mode a few times. That has improved the printing to the point that it is readable. I was printing with a Jarbo printer cartridge instead of Epson printer cartridge. So, I can't rate the service beyond saying the Tech was willing.

Ok I am glad it's resolved. Thanks for letting me know.