Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I'm using a cartridge that Costco refilled and the printer…

Customer Question
I'm using a cartridge...

I'm using a cartridge that Costco refilled and the printer doesn't seem to recognize it. The light in the triangle is flashing and so is the BK indicator.

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? If so, what do they say?

No error messages, just the flashing lights

Technician's Assistant: The last time you changed your cartridges, did you replace them with new ones or refill the old ones?

Refill

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Nope, just trying to make some copies and can't even though I just put a fresh cartridge in.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
3/23/2018
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

What is the brand and model number of the printer?

Canon mg 3620

Was it an original canon cartridge that was refilled, or one that was previously a generic/refilled cartridge?

It had been previously refilled
Are you there?

That is the issue here,

these printers are specifically designed not to accept refilled cartridges in the first place, while you can sometimes get away with it if the refiller has a chip resetter and uses it properly, the cartridge does eventually fail or the chip will no longer register, leading to this error. Your only option at this point will be to replace it with a brand new canon cartridge.

I also would advise against using refills in the future. Though you may have had good luck with them so far, they damage the printer over time and greatly accelerate wear and tear on it. If using refilled cartridges, don't expect the printer to last longer than a year as a result of damage from those refill inks.

ok

You may order the proper replacement cartridges here, if needed: https://amzn.to/2G7UYLX

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,