Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It wont print my document and when you press the print

Customer Question
It wont print my...

It wont print my document and when you press the print something the orinter never comes up

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wireless

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I don't know and I don't know how to do that

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No just fix it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/23/2018
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 4 months ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

May I know the make and model number of your printer?

May I know the operating system you are using? Is it Windows 10?

Are you able to copy like Xerox (photocopy) without using the computer?

Thank you.

ikt is a pixie mg5200 I'm running window 10

Can I access your computer remotely and check the issue?

Thank you.

no, and I am a little unsure about remotely

HI,

May I know the exact response you are getting while trying to print anything?

Thank you.

nothing

1. Unplug all cables (including printer USB cable) and memory cards from the printer. Unplug the power cord, directly from the back of the printer while the printer is still turned on.

2. Unplug the other end of the cord from the power source. If there is a power module on the power cord, disconnect one end and reconnect it.

3. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Then, wait for two minutes.

4. After two minutes, plug the cord directly into a wall outlet (not a surge protector or battery backup as they can cause the printer to lose basic functionality over time).

5. Plug the power cord into the back of the printer.

6. The printer should automatically power back up. If it doesn't, turn it on with the power button.

7. Try making a photocopy (if your printer is an all-in-on printer) before connecting any other cables to the printer.

8. Connect any other needed cables to the printer.

Let me know the response.

Thank you.

no it did not work

Do you see the printer is ON?

Thank you.

it is on

Have you tried copying without using the computer?

no cuz what I need is on my pc

We have to check if the issue is with the printer or the computer. If it copies fine without the computer, we will check the driver and reinstall it if needed.

Please try copying and let me know.

Thank you.

my son in just fixed it the printer could not print pdf files

While printing anything, you will get a print properties window. Over there, make sure that you are selecting the right printer.

Thank you.

I only have one printer

Thank you.

not comfortable with that

I apologize that I am out of ideas. I will open the question for other experts.

Thank you.

thank you for your time
Technician: Joel Kalman, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer

Hello. My name is Joel. I am sorry that you have been having difficulties. I can help you solve your problem. Do you still need assistance?