Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a new HP tower with wireless mouse and keyboard. They…

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new HP tower with wireless mouse and keyboard. They are not responding. Is there a magic way?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Z240?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Z240?

Moving the keyboard and mouse around the tower to see if they will respond.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I just turned on the computer and can't click enter on "yes" to log into the computer. I have barely started. Just turned the computer on.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Printers
3/23/2018
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 1 month ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

The issue started with the latest Windows update, and so many computers are facing the same issue that the keyboard or mouse (or both) not working. And most of them affected are HP Or Lenovo computers. You can resolve the issue by restoring the computer to an earlier date or uninstalling the last two updates. Since you are not able to use any USB device with the computer, it is difficult to do so. So, you have to get into Advanced options window, and restore the computer, or Reset the PC to get the issue resolved.

Check if you are able to login using the keyboard. If no, can I go ahead and help you further with refreshing or resetting the PC?

Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Cannot login to the computer.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The HP website said support was free. I can just take back the computer to the store. I paid $1000 for this computer.

Please try restoring the computer to an earlier date by following the instructions below.

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Disconnect all connected devices and cables such as Personal Media Drives, USB drives, printers, and faxes. Remove media from internal drives, and remove any recently added internal hardware. .

Do not disconnect the monitor, keyboard, mouse, or power cord.

.
  3. Turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F11 key about once every second until the Choose and option screen is displayed, and then continue.

4. On the Choose an Option screen, click Troubleshoot.

5. Then, click or tap Advanced Options.

6. Now you have access to several system recovery tools. Choose System Restore in order to start it. It should be the first on the list.

Windows takes some time to prepare System Restore. It may even restart your computer or device. When System Restore is ready, you are asked to choose a user account to continue. Select an account that is set as administrator on your Windows 10 or Windows 8.1 computer or device.

You are asked to enter the password ***** that account. Please pay attention to the fact that Windows shows you the keyboard layout it is using. If you need to change it, press “Change keyboard layout” and select another one. When ready, type the password ***** the appropriate field and press Continue.

System Restore is now started and you can use it to revert Windows 10 or Windows 8.1 to a previously working state. Choose an earlier date and follow the instructions.

If the issue persists, we will try Resetting the PC.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do not want to pay $39 for something I can fix if the keyboard and mouse would work.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do not charge my credit card.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will just take back the computer.

If the computer is in warranty, you can take it to the store. If not, you the repair cost will be higher than this.

Anyhow, I would suggest you try the instructions I have given, which will resolve the issue..

Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I did turn off the computer. Turned it back on, and continually pressed the F11 key. Did not show what you thought. Just went to the first screen as before.

Right after restart it, repeatedly tap the F11 key till you get Choose and option screen.

Thank you.