Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I've reconnected my printer after almost a year of no use -

Customer Question
Hi, I've reconnected my...

Hi, I've reconnected my printer after almost a year of no use - it was in storage while I was travelling. I bought it in Australia and am now in the US. It switches on; prepares to print and feeds the paper through, tells me it's printing, but doesn't print anything. Ink cartridges are full. I've also allowed for volatage difference and use a converter. What should I do?

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Directly to my Macbook - which is how I've always done it.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I'm not sure I ever have.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No. I'd say that's everything. Thanks. Leah

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
3/23/2018
Technician: Joel Kalman, Engineer replied 3 months ago
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer

Hello. I am pleased to assist you today. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

Thanks Joel. I’m not at home st the moment.

To correct the connection problem with your printer, we will need to reset your printing system, uninstall your printer software, restart your computer, and download and install the latest drivers for your printer from the official manufacturer's support website. I can show you how to do this interactively, or I can do it for you, using a secure remote connection.