Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I believe the Cyan (blue) print head is clogged or something…

Ok, so I believe...

Ok, so I believe the Cyan (blue) print head is clogged or something because nothing is coming out and I just put in a new cartridge a few days ago. I tried using Isopropyl alcohol manually because the self cleaning wasn't working?

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? If so, what do they say?

No error messages

Technician's Assistant: The last time you changed your cartridges, did you replace them with new ones or refill the old ones?

Replaced with new ones

3/23/2018
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me the process you undertook with the Isopropyl alcohol to clean it?

Please let me know

I took out all the ink cartridges then warmed up some 50% isopropyl alcohol and go a syringe. Then I dropped some alcohol on the top of the flat printer head for the Cyan. Then I waited a few minutes, cleaned it off with a paper towel, then repeated the process three different times.

ok, can you do the process as I explain below please

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with isopropyl alcohol , clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

Ok, I will try that now..

Thank you

5 more minutes to dry..

thanks

OH my goodness it worked!! Thank you so much!!

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Richard, Technician