Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

New ink but getting blank pages for prints. I'll do it right…

Customer Question
New ink but getting...

New ink but getting blank pages for prints

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried running your printer's self-cleaning cycle? (Sometimes you have to run this several times to see results.)

I'll do it right now

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried wiping down the metal contacts on your printer and cartridges?

Is the self-cleaning cycle on the menu, and where?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

How do I access the self-cleaning cycle. Also, I can still do a color print, not black. And, again, the cartridge is only about one week old.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/23/2018
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 4 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Disconnecting at 12:08
Plugged-in at 12:22. Still blank pages.
I attempted a color print and got some sporadic blue copy
Is anyone still there

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.