Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

When i print nothing comes out it's blank. Usb. It's an

When i print nothing...

When i print nothing comes out it's blank

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Usb

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

It's an older printer that i just connected to my computer for the first time i just installed it - but not sure what i installed

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

New ink cartridges - just installed

3/23/2018
Mike Taylor
Mike Taylor, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue

What is the make and model of your printer?

If this is an older printer it is very possible the print head is blocked with old ink

You need to perform a print head clean to open it up again

I have cleaned the print heads but i can do it again
it's an epson photo r280
i would not like to have you connect to the printer, just let me know how to fix and i'll do the work

Thanks..... Also do an alignment.... Also note it may take a few print head cleans to open it up if it has been a while

NOTE - Those ads for remote connect are not form me, i cannot even see them - Please ignore

Thanks for saying that

No problem, those ads really make my customers mad and I wish I could turn them off

Not sure if it helps but it says that "supply information is not available"
for the ink supply level

It does not sound like your printer software is on the computer.....

Did you only download the printer drivers from windows update or did you download from Epson directly?

Also was you sure to take the tape off the ink carts to open the nozzle up?

I promise I took the tape off! :-) I'll update the print drivers
Wait - there is something printing when i did the alignment

hahaha, Eventually you should start to see ink transfer, so keep doing the alignment and head cleans and the ink should start flowing again

ok - great. thank you

Your very welcome and if you need any more help just reply to me here

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating from you today and just let me know

Great - thank you. I will and you have.

Thanks :-)

Mike Taylor
Mike Taylor, Technician