Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It seems it is not feeding correctly. It starts to feed but…

It seems it is...

It seems it is not feeding correctly. It starts to feed but then jams.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Epson WF 645

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Epson printer?

Yesterday

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

With Windows 10 a year ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I was printing card stock recently and it hasn't worked since

3/23/2018
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

definitely!
But, I cannot wait for another hour for assistance!!

How old is the printer?

Does it happen on regular paper (not stock)?

A few years old. The regular paper starts to feed, but then does not go all the thru.

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new one for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.

I switched to regular paper yesterday from card stock and it didn't feed properly. Coincidental?

OK

Thank you

Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer

Hello. My name is Joel. I am sorry that you have been having difficulties. I can help you solve your problem. It looks like you still need assistance.

The card stock that you used has stretched out the tension arms so that the transport no longer works for regular paper. I thought that you deserved to know what happened instead of just being told that there is an internal failure.

If you have any questions or have problems with this advice, please let me know so that I can provide you with the additional support that you need. My goal is to provide you with the best possible customer service. If you are satisfied with my advice, please take a moment to rate my services.

Hey Joel ~
Thanks for providing a more detailed explanation. I'm assuming that this internal failure" cannot be repaired economically so I guess I need to purchase a new printer. Would you agree?

Yes, you still need to buy a new printer.

Harry, Engineer