Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I got a message: Jam in cartridge area / Open door and clear…

Customer Question
I got a message...

I got a message: Jam in cartridge area / Open door and clear jam. I've opened the front door pulled out the cartridge but there was no jam. Then I opened the rear door, pulled down the green tabs, but again there was no jam. I've ordered a 49A replacement, but I now have a 49X

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

HP3390

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?

Just this week

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I'm not sure. It's my bookkeepers printer primarily and we use a microsoft OS

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
3/23/2018
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 4 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please