Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a new Pixma MX 490 printer and the black cartridge…

Hi, i have a...

Hi, i have a new Pixma MX 490 printer and the black cartridge became empty so I pulled the cartridges out from the side and replaced the cartridge, now it keeps on showing a fault. Can you help ?

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? If so, what do they say?

Yes , error 6000

Technician's Assistant: The last time you changed your cartridges, did you replace them with new ones or refill the old ones?

This is the first time replacing and I replaced with a Canon 445

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I'll try again first and se what message I get now

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/23/2018
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK will do, I'll contact you in 10 minutes
I'll let you know if this doesn't work if I want you to connect to my printer, thanks

Thanks, ***** ***** know the results please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is stuck on fax mode but don't worry any more, I can't afford R 510 so will try another avenue, thanks for troubleRegards,Chris

There is no additional cost Chris.

Can you do this please

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks Richard, will let you know

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Richard,
I have done what you said but a page has got stuck and I have to go to a meeting now. Thanks for the helpChris

Ok, then it means the internal mainboard that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Technician
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Hi Richard, thanks for the offer but I am only taking the printer in tomorrow for repairs. Will contact you if I need help
Regards, Cxxxx
Richard, Technician