Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Have a xerox dc 260 and am getting an error code 042-325. It…

Customer Question
Have a xerox dc...

Have a xerox dc 260 and am getting an error code 042-325

Technician's Assistant: Is your device displaying the error message even after restarting it?

Yes it will print a few copies and then come up with the error

Technician's Assistant: When did the error message first appear?

Yesterday

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Office Expert to know before I connect you?

When it started to happen it was printing but it was not printing black text on the page all the color text was there

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
I'm waiting on an answer as I'm under pressure to get a job out
Have you an answer yet
Can you cancel the inquiry and refund my card as this is taking to long.
I had the same problem with you the last time and I fixed it myself before you came back to me but you still charged me.
3/23/2018
Technician: cvd4311, Computer Analyst replied 6 months ago
cvd4311
cvd4311, Computer Analyst

IOT Motor Failure Detect Motor Failure (that is what the error is for).

Means the motor is failing and needs to be replaced soon. If it is only printing a few pages and then comes up with that error then you will need to get it replaced sooner than later.

This answer is freely available any where on the net when you put in the error code,
Can you be more pacific as which motor and where.
Can you cancel that request to remotely connect as it will not help in this case
Please do not apply to my credit card for additional funds for remote connection as this will not help me
Please refund the €38.46 which was debited from my account
Technician: cvd4311, Computer Analyst replied 5 months ago

It is your Drum Motor Assembly inside your Xerox. It can be a very big hassle changing it out. It can cost you anywhere from 94.00 to 200.00 to change out the motor.

Good Morning, do you still need help with this ticket?

If not please RATE 4 starts or above and I will close the ticket.