Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I cannot connect the new printer XP 240 as I do not have a…

I cannot connect the...

I cannot connect the new printer XP 240 as I do not have a router

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

USB

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Just now

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No I just need it to be connected to the computer

3/23/2018
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?

Do you have any USB printer cable for connecting the printer to the computer?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
windows and yes USB Cable

Thank you. On your computer, please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can help you directly:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=36645efc-7159-4713-9a82-975ec48fd68e
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

no I cannot afford that

1. On your computer, click on the website below in order to connect remotely with me, then I can help you directly:

https://tinyurl.com/yb9hnqt4
, then click on Open or Run (or save) if prompted.
2. Then press at the same time the two keys Ctrl and J on the keyboard, then the Downloads window should open.
3. Then there, open / run the item called Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and install it.
; (If needed, double-click on the item Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and open / run / install it.)
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Solution #1:

1. Click on the website below:
    http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/du/02/DriverDownloadInfo.do?LG2=EN&CN2=AU&CTI=59&PRN=XP-240%20Series&OSC=W1064
  2. There, click on Accept.
  3. Then download / open / run / save / install the download file Epson_XP-240_Series_EA_10_Web...
  4. Once the installation is finished successfully, then check printing.

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, please try:

1. Click on the website below:
    http://tech.epson.com.au/downloads/category.asp?sCategory=Multi_Functional&id=ExpressionHomeXP-240&SelOS=Y
  2. There, click on your Windows version. (and select the 64-bit type first.)
  3. Click on the item Printer Driver.
  4. Then accept.
  5. Then download / open / run / save it and install it.
  6. Once the installation is finished successfully, then check printing.
  7. If needed, download / install the Scanner Driver also.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further; we can schedule a time. Thank you.