Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

When printing from a computer or copying, it produces pages…

Customer Question
When printing from a...

When printing from a computer or copying, it produces pages that are either completely blank or have a few lines of garbled print.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried running your printer's self-cleaning cycle? (Sometimes you have to run this several times to see results.)

I've replaced the cartridges, run the nozzle check and clean process, and aligned the print heads.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried wiping down the metal contacts on your printer and cartridges?

No idea how to do that.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

The printer has sat idle for a few weeks. I'm trying to get it back in operation.

Submitted: 30 days ago.Category: Printers
3/23/2018
Technician: Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist replied 30 days ago
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience: A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Whats the full name brand and model of your printer?

I'll be waiting for your reply, thank you.

Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Former 31F1P ( Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer)

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I think i’ve Fixed the problem. I ran the head cleaning process three times. It appears the black ink nozzle was the problem, and now it seems to be working ok.
Technician: Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist replied 29 days ago

Not a problem, here is the refund link

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0

John, Computer Science Engineer