Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My brother HL-2140 has a flashing error light, and keep

Customer Question
My brother HL-2140 has...

My brother HL-2140 has a flashing error light, and keep passing through all the blank papers

Technician's Assistant: Is your HL-2140 displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

Yes, after re-starting, without sending print jobs

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Don't remember

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
this happens as soon as printer is turned on. power cycling hasn't resolved it
3/23/2018
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 3 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

How is that different from regular power cycling of turning off power and then unplugging?

Did you perform the steps?