Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Not Happy. We purchase a Brother laser printer MFC- 9335CDW…

Customer Question
Not Happy. We purchase...

Not Happy. We purchase a Brother laser printer MFC- 9335CDW about 12 months ago and only now setting up which we were told was simple. It is printing from both our computers - a Windows PCvrunning Windows 10 and Mac. If we try to scan however, we are getting a message "check connections"

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your Brother printer when you try to scan?

Just the message check connections

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

If i go to the Brother download page and install it tells me that there are 5 driver issues and fix. However at a cost to me. After paying nearly $400.00 for the machine, i don't see why I should be forking out more money to update my drivers.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just want to be able to scan please!

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
3/23/2018
Technician: Elgin Vega, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 5 months ago
Elgin Vega
Elgin Vega, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is***** will try my best to help you with this request.

Heres the link for the scanner driver for windows 10

http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadend.aspx?c=au&lang=en&prod=mfc9335cdw_as&os=10013&dlid=dlf005253_000&flang=4&type3=405

Let me know if works, to check for the driver for mac.

Click accept eula and download

Hi Elgin, I eventually found the correct driver myself and downloaded. I have the Brother Utilities page available and the scan page is now coming up OK. When I print scan I am getting a connection fail. I temporarily disabled my Norton security firewall and tried again with no success. It seems like the printer is being recognised but not the scanner if that makes sense
No Thanks, I'll go and buy a cheap HP printer and scanner and wont have this problem. After spending $400.00 on the Brother I'm not prepared to now have to pay out more money . We were told by the vendor that set up was simple. I expected more from Brother. Unsatisfied customer!

Ok, have a nice day