Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Glass cover won't open...can not put in ink cartridges.

Glass cover won't open...can...

Glass cover won't open...can not put in ink cartridges. showed red symbols with 2 Xs last tie used.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your printer?

MG6120

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

Error message with 2 X's

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

C can't open the lid

3/22/2018
jeffreybongers
jeffreybongers, Engineer

Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you today. Lets get started!

So to clarify have you tried updating the drivers and firmware of the MG6120 printer?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Got the lid open. Message code on printer screen is 6A81

Understood.

This error code is basically caused by an obstruction within the printer, usually a paper jam but could be any foreign body that has found its way into the printer.

The obstruction stops the carriage and print head from moving into the correct position when powering up the printer.

The print head should come to rest at the right hand side of the carriage and position itself over the waste ink sponges.

If the print head is unable to do so, it returns the '6A81' error message.

It would be greatly appreciated to rate me 5 stars after this conversation. The rating can be done in the top of this screen.

Please let me know how this goes.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

jeffreybongers
jeffreybongers, Engineer