Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an HP officejet Pro 8600. I able to print wireless…

I have an HP...

I have an HP officejet Pro 8600. I able to print wireless from my laptop, but I can't scan and send anything to my email. I select scan to email, select my email address, select document, and I get a message "the printer was unable to connect to the server. check your internet connection and try again.

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your OfficeJet when you try to scan?

Not that I can see, it just says connection error. is there something I need to do to find an error code?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I don't think I have since it was originally installed

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't know. Is there anything else you feel they might need to know?

3/22/2018
Jason Jones, Technician

My name is***** will be the person helping you today.

This means that your email account was not setup correctly in the printer's configuration or there is another fault.

May I remotely connect to your computer, so I can troubleshoot and fix this issue for you?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
What do I need to do...

Thank you. I will get that ready for you. After you click the "Securely Connect" button for the remote service, the remote link will be posted here. That will be the last charge for today.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Is there a way you can talk me through what needs to be done. Two years ago I gave control to an "I T" person to "Fix" a problem and I have been getting continuous calls ever since. I hope you understand my concern. They said the same thing.

I understand your concerns. I have remotely connected to computers scores of thousands of times, have worked with in upwards of 50,000 people on this website directly, and have had no issues. However, I understand. You can never be too careful.

How are you trying to make the scan? (From the computer in an application or from the printer itself)

Jason Jones, Technician

Thank you. Let's begin the remote help session now.

You must run the application below on a computer. It will not work on any phone or tablet.

Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.

Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 78
- And then click the circle button to start the remote application.
After the file finishes downloading, please open the file and run it.

Thank you for your time and patience today.

In the future, if you need any help with anything in the categories below, please let me know.

On this website, I am an expert in each of the following categories listed below:
- Computer
- Networking
- Mac
- Printer
- Cell Phones
- E-Readers
- Android Devices
- Laptop
- Computer Hardware
- Software
- Email
- Microsoft Office
- Smartphones
- Office Equipment
- Programming
- Consumer Electronics

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at the following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with -For ***** ***** Only!-

My Profile Page:

http://JasonFixedit.com

Jason Jones, Technician