Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I recently bought a used HP Envy 5540 All - in one printer,

Customer Question
I recently bought a...

I recently bought a used HP Envy 5540 All - in one printer, but it had only the main wire attached. A wireless network test printed out the following problems: 1. Check that your wireless router is powered on? 2. Check that Your HP printer network name (SSID) matches your wireless router network (SSID) exactly?. 3. If they do not match exactly, run the Wireless Setup Wizard to configure your HP printer.? I have no idea what they are talking about. I don't want to connect the printer to my computer. If I need another wire, what is it? Over. John O'Der

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your HP printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Ms. Wilson- Since it has a wire running into it, I would have to answer your question -USB.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Printers
3/22/2018
Technician: Sheri, Expert replied 1 month ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. Is your computer a Mac or PC? If PC, what version of Windows?

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sheri- Window 10, but does the printer have to be connected to my computer?

First, in order to do the setup I am sending you, it may require a usb cable to connect during the setup, which will be removed after. Please click the link below to download and run the setup on your Windows 10 computer and follow the prompts. Make sure your correct operating system is selected at the top of that page:

Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-5540-all-in-one-printer-series/5447939/model/5447940

Please reply and let me know if that works for you or if you have any questions. Then we can go to the next step if needed.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sheri- I do not want to spend any more money on this printer. If you cannot help me with this printer at your initial price, then I want a refund. So far, I have not received any help. Over. John.

You must be referring to the remote offer. You can ignore it. It was automatically generated by the system, not by me.

I already sent you a solution via the messaging.

Technician: Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist replied 1 month ago
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience: A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

If time is of the essence, the fastest way in which I can help you is via a secure remote connection. That will provide a temporary connection where I can fix this problem on screen, in person.

I'm sending the offer for that service now, once accepted we will start the connection process. If you reject the offer, we will continue via written word alone.

Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist