Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My printer - HP Officejet 6600 -- gives me a message that…

Customer Question
My printer - HP...

My printer - HP Officejet 6600 -- gives me a message that "The printhead installed is not intended for use in this printer, or is damaged." I purchased new ink pods but still get the same message. This came up overnight.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your OfficeJet: wirelessly or by USB?

Wireless

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

It has been some time unless it is done automatically.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No that is the only problem

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
3/23/2018
Technician: Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist replied 4 months ago
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience: A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

It may be a bit simpler and easier if you and I connect through a secure remote assistance. With that, I will be able to connect to your computer from here and work on repairing the issue personally. This can save a lot of time and if your not very fluent with computer repairs this is the best option.

Our secure remote assistance is guaranteed meaning if I cant solve the issue then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees. Would you like to try a remote assistance session or would you prefer to continue via written support alone?

Thank you for your response,

Dustin S

The problem is with the printer. If you need to connect to the computer then that can be arranged.

Its possible I can repair the issue while connected to your computer. Or at least work with you in real time in live chat.

Thank you for your response,

Dustin S

Thank you but I have decided to get a new printer, which I have ordered. This one is 5 years old and needs to be retired. Thank you for responding but I don't need your help now.
Technician: Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist replied 3 months ago

Not a problem, here is the refund link

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0