Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Trying to hook up new printer works fine but as far as

Customer Question
Trying to hook up...

Trying to hook up new printer works fine but as far as wireless it finds the right one but putting in the password ***** I enter the 8th character it starts scanning and I have 12 characters in my password. I have done this several times and it does it every time

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your printer when you try to scan?

Have not tried to scan

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Just a little earlier I did the install software

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

It never came up to select wireless connection thought you meant scan a copy on printer sorry

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/22/2018
Technician: Sheri, Expert replied 4 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. Make sure you have the correct encryption type selected, that matches your wifi network.

Please reply and let me know if that works for you or if you have any questions. Then we can go to the next step if needed.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Technician: Sheri, Expert replied 3 months ago

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Please reply and let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Called the copier brand company and got the right answer.

Ok, great. What was the issue? Was it the encryption as I thought?