Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It will not print or fax. The printer will print when asked…

Customer Question
It will not print...

It will not print or fax

Technician's Assistant: Are your device's other functions (printing, copying, scanning, etc.) working fine?

The printer will print when asked to do so from the computer only. If I place a piece of paper to be printed or faxed it will not do either

Technician's Assistant: When did this fax issue begin?

Approximately 2 weeks ago.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

That the printer was purchased in April 2017 and is connected to a Dell desk top.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
3/23/2018
Technician: Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist replied 4 months ago
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience: A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Also, whats the full name brand and model of your printer?

I'll be waiting for your reply, thank you.

Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Former 31F1P ( Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer)