Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a WF-7610 that has developed a problem of not

I have a WF-7610...

I have a WF-7610 that has developed a problem of not printing a complete row of characters every 7th line (or so). The incomplete line appears to have a line through the middle of it, with characters appearing split in half.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wirelessly. Additionally, I have made sure the ink supply is sufficient.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Yesterday

3/22/2018
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Richard, Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The condition I described is still present.

Are you on a windows computer?

Once the computer has done the updates and restarted, do a print and tell me how it now looks please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Computer has restarted. I'm not able to access Word to print a page.

You can use any program to print.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My computer isn't responding normally. Do you still have control?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm contacting you from my phone
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please respond. What's happening here?

Hi there,

No I do not as I only cleaned the printhead on the printer and restarted the computer, nothing further was done, but I saw as I shut it down it started installing windows updates, so please let that complete.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This is taking a long time. Computer is still not responding
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm STILL not able to access programs. If not for my phone, I would be unable to correspond. What's happened here? You had control and now my computer is screwed up.What's going on?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you still in communication?
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience: A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

It appears you have opted out the previous expert. Did you still need help with this issue?

I'll be waiting for your reply, thank you.

Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Former 31F1P ( Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer)

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I contacted Epson help for a problem already described. Your technician suggested remedies (I'm sure you've read the history) and, after gaining access to my computer, made moves to 'update' my computer. I don't know what that had to do with the printer issue, but my computer hasn't worked very well since. The printer issue is better, but still not completely addressed. Our session abruptly ended, leaving me high and dry with a printer still not performing and a computer not nearly as responsive as it was before I called in the first place.You might detect that I'm not very pleased with your company. I certainly did NOT get what I payed for.

i can connect and try to fix the issues for you, you wont have to pay again.

When would you have time?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Tomorrow morning at 9:00, Pacific time.

Allright, contact me here at that time and we will get started.

Dustin S

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am ready to re-address the issue I originally contacted you about. The fix that Richard implemented improved the problem, but the lines that were incomplete now appear in faded fashion, although the characters are complete.
Richard, Technician