Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a MFC J425W It will print via a wireless print order…

Customer Question
I have a MFC...

I have a MFC J425W It will print via a wireless print order from my PC. But will not send a scan back to the PC

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your printer when you try to scan?

No - it says offline, but I just finished getting it on our wifi. How to get it connected on line?

Technician's Assistant: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. When did you last update the printer driver software?

I don't think I have since I got it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that I'm a tech idiot

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018
Technician: Jason Jones, Technician replied 3 months ago
Jason Jones, Technician

My name is***** will be the person helping you today.

Are you attempting to start the scan from the printer itself or from an application on the computer?

From the scanner
Not interested in that, it has worked before, just thought I forgot something,

On the printer itself, do you 'see' the computer in it's list of computers?