Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Trying to use the fax machine and can't find the

Customer Question
Trying to use the...

Trying to use the fax machine and can't find the instructions....can you help...

Technician's Assistant: Are your device's other functions (printing, copying, scanning, etc.) working fine?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: When did this fax issue begin?

Never used this function before....

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No that's it....just the proper steps to fax

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
3/22/2018
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 3 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your fax question.

Generally (since you did not mention the maker nor the model of your fax):

1. you have document or documents to fax

2. you load them into the document feeder or scanner

3. you go on the device's control panel to

- A: if a multi-function printer/scanner/faxing device, select the FAX mode, first

- B: if a fax machine period, no selection of the sort is necessary

4. dial the number to fax to

5. listen for tones after the machine dials, then press START if necessary, and the pages should scan in.

NOTE: on some machines, step 5. is not necessary... but something like it exists for many faxing devices.

For more accurate instructions, tell me in Reply, what the maker and model # of your faxing device is.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.