Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have downloaded drivers, etc but don't know how to get…

I have downloaded drivers...

I have downloaded drivers, etc but don't know how to get connected computer with printer.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Was trying wirelessly, but can switch to USB. Which is better?

Technician's Assistant: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. When did you last update the printer driver software?

This is a new printer, never used.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not at the moment.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

May I know the make and model number of your printer?

May I know the operating system you are using? Is it Windows 10?

Are you able to copy like Xerox (photocopy) without using the computer?

Thank you.

This printer is epson WF-2760. The laptop is a Mac. Yes, I was able to photocopy something.

Make sure that you have connected the printer to the computer properly using the USB cable.

Then, follow the instructions given below.

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.
  3. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.
  4. Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the Printers & Scanners window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.
    Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.
  5. Try printing anything.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Re item #3. Where is list to the left. I don't see any list to the left.

Just the left pane, were you should see the printers name listed.

Thank you.

Sorry, I don't see any left pane. Please advise another approach.

Do you see a +/- key on the system preferences window?

Thank you.

No
Jason Jones, Technician

I look forward to helping you today.

May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.

If you don't want me to remotely connect, that is okay too. Please, let me know how you wish to continue.

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason