Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Im unsuccessfully trying to install my new Epson 830

Im unsuccessfully trying to...

Im unsuccessfully trying to install my new Epson 830 printer. At first I was using the step by step instructions and it all went well except the wifi here didn't work on it - works on my Mac computer, tablet and iPhone. The Century Link provider kept asking for my password ***** then said it wasn't right. I called CL and they told me a different password ***** use but by that time I was worn out. Then I called Epson and a foreign speaking tech came on and I couldn't understand her but she did tell me to delete all the list of printers on my printer/scanner list. I have another scanner that works. Anyway I didn't feel right about that but did it and now computer won't recognize the new printer even tho I had already downloaded all the software - I think.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your 830: wirelessly or by USB?

Wirelessly but Id be happy with USB

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Yesterday and today and think wrong

3/22/2018
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Make sure that you have connected the printer properly to the computer using USB cable.

Then, follow the instructions given below.

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.
  3. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears. Even if it removes all the printers and scanners, you can add all right away using the + sign. Nothing to worry about removing the printers/scanners.
  4. Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the Printers & Scanners window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.
    Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Thank you - works fine with USB like I wanted!

I am glad to hear that. If you have any issues, please be back.

Thank you.

No do not charge me any more! My problem was fixed right away by my plugging in the USB.
If you charge the extra I can’t pay it !!!
Do not charge for secure Remote assistance! It’s slready fixed! You already fixed it!
No more help needed. Please Do not charge the $39 charge!

You will not be charged US $39 for the remote assistance. Do not have to worry.

Thank you.