Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a brother HL 4150CDN that wont recognize the paper…

Customer Question
I have a brother...

I have a brother HL 4150CDN that wont recognize the paper tray?

Technician's Assistant: What Brother model do you have?

HL 4150 CDN

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Brother printer?

Just happened. Wont' let me print from the front door port or whatever it's called for heavy grade paper. I cannot get it passed the no paper tray recognized

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Yesterday. I really don't think it has anything to do with the OS? but your the expert.....

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No thats all

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
It's been nearly a hour and I haven't heard from anyone????
3/22/2018
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I still need a answer
Hello

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

I do

How old is the printer?

6-7 yrs old

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one.