Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I just started using my HP 4650 printer after purchasing it…

Customer Question
I just started using...

I just started using my HP 4650 printer after purchasing it about a year ago. I think I inserted the cartridges in correctly, pulling the taped off. I even shook the cartridges but it only prints very lightly.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

I'm not printing from my computer (yet). It's just a standard print.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your 4650?

I attempted to print a few months ago and it didn't work. I let it go and just became busy with other things.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I'm not printing from my computer. It's just a standard print job.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not right now. Thanks.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
3/22/2018
Technician: Electronics Pete, Engineer replied 3 months ago
Electronics Pete

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Have you tried running a few cleans to help clean the printhead and get the ink flowing through the nozzles?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-4650-all-in-one-printer-series/5447930/manuals

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------

I tried several times.
I'll continue working on it myself. Thanks.

You can ignore any automated offers that may pop up - they are sent automatically by the site and not by me.

-

Are you using the ink cartridges that came with the printer? If so, they may be expired and need replacing.