Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Printing garbage...tried printing documents from Adobe,

Printing garbage...tried printing documents...

Printing garbage...tried printing documents from Adobe, Yahoo eMail and Word; nothing is printing correctly. Have reset to default, and went through set-up process, but nothing changed.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Epson Stylus NX420

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Stylus?

Day before yesterday

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

If you can tell me how to check the version I'm running, I can get that information for you...

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Had a power outage two days ago, but was able to print documents afterwards with no problems

3/22/2018
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Stand-by please, will get back to you by @10:15am
FYI...I tried this, but didn't wait the 10-minutes.

thank you

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Tried to print an Adobe document, Yahoo eMail message and a Word document; all printed garbage

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I can read what it's printing, or rather see it clearly; by printing garbage, I mean it's gibberish...not the document at all, but seems like code instead. Before I reached out to you, I cleaned the print heads and did an alignment and all seemed fine.

Ok, please do the last instructions I gave you

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Stand-by

Thank you

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
When I turn the printer off, it parks the ink cartridges and I cannot move them to follow your instructions provided. I turned the printer back on and still cannot move the ink cartridges. I believe if I go through the set-up instructions to change the print cartridges, it will move them to where I can remove them. Will it be OK to do this and then turn the machine off to follow your instructions?

Remove the power from the power socket when it is in the middle, then you can access it

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Cleaned as instructed, let dry and printed an Adobe document, Yahoo eMail and Word document. Still printing the code-like, not the document on the screen.

how is it connecting to the computer, wireless or USB?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Wireless, that's the way I've always used it

Thanks

Whats the make and model of the wifi router?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Xfinity Dual-band Wifi 802.11ac, XB3

Thanks

On the back of it is a reset button, push and hold it in using a paperclip if needed, for 5 seconds then release

Once done, wait 5 minutes, try to print and tell me the results please

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
OK, stand-by

thank you

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Reset the router, waiting until it was back online, waiting an additional 5-minutes as instructed. Having to setup my wireless connection to my printer, failed, print drivers not installed. Currently installing print drivers.

Thank you

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
AVG found a file, while loading print drivers, that may contain a virus. Said it could take up to 165 minutes to scan and determine if there is a virus or not. Looks like I'm dead-in-the water until I get these results back.

Where did you get the drivers from?

Not a driver program right?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
From the Epson.com website

ok, let me know the results please

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Finally got things to work. I had to uninstall and reinstall print drivers, software and updates; reestablish wifi connection, and was able to print as needed.

Perfect, now the drivers are correctly installed it will be ok.

And thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Richard, Technician
Richard, Technician