Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I moved in July 2017 and I am just now hooking up my Epson…

Customer Question
I moved in July...

I moved in July 2017 and I am just now hooking up my Epson (I used it prior to July). Now, when I try to copy, nothing prints on the sheet. I can see the document in Preview, but the pages print blank.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried running your printer's self-cleaning cycle? (Sometimes you have to run this several times to see results.)

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried wiping down the metal contacts on your printer and cartridges?

Yes

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
3/22/2018
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 4 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Okay.

Thank you

That did not work. The printer is not printing.

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Still not working

Can you now replace the ink cartridges in it and tell me if it then functions please

No because I don't have replacement cartridges. These are brand new and barely used.
there are 4 cartridges. The black is half full, the 3 color cartridges are completely full
I'm pretty sure that it's not the cartridges at this point

Ok, even a new cartridge can cause this failure on all colors, but if you feel this is not the issue, then the only remaining issue will be a faulty printhead in the printer, this is the only other cause for it left.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Do I get my money back because this was useless. It's not the printhead either.