Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Printer will not print or copy - takes paper in and goes…

Printer will not print...

Printer will not print or copy - takes paper in and goes thru the process but comes out completely blank

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Usb

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Never

3/22/2018
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me the model of the printer please?

Thank you

Canon MG6460

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Sorry still no printing

Can you connect the USB cable to a different port on the computer and then try to print.

Let me know if it then prints please

Sorry still no printing Tried that still no good.....it also will not copy anything

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Sorry still no printing Tried that still no good.....it also will not copy anything---- Have done all that still no response

Thanks

It is the internal printhead that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Technician
You have taken $43.00 from my credit card which was not authorised by me ; you promised me a trial period and a $5.00 refundable fee . Please credit these amounts immediately