Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I want to clean the printer head on my iPF760. How do you…

Customer Question
I want to clean...

I want to clean the printer head on my iPF760. How do you remove it?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

An Hp with windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your IPF760?

First time today. I went thru the manual and have done the recommended Head Cleaning A and B.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

The computer was installed about a week ago. I went from Windows 7 to 10.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/22/2018
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I now have a hardware error 03130031-2618. I have turned off the printer, waited and turned it on again. Same error.

How old is the printer?

5.5 years

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one.

This was just a print head issue this morning, I don’t see how the internal failure could occur. All we have done is follow the procedure in the book for cleaning.
That error code is a VH voltage error. I have downloaded some possible solutions. It may still be the controller board, but let’s hope not. Thank you for your time, I will take it from here.

OK thank you