Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years
32989067

My ET-2559. My ET-2550 has blank lines about 1.5 inches

Customer Question

My ET-2559
JA: What's the brand and model of your printer?
Customer: My ET-2550 has blank lines about 1.5 inches apart and about 5/16s wide when printing B&W forms. Printing color from a photo is even worse.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have run the nozzle cleaning 3 times with no improvement. The scanner is working perfectly when scanning to the desktop. The printer is an ET-2550 about a year old. I am using Windows XP.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Thank you

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No change
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.