Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My printer will not scan. The printer is a MFC-J6935DW. No…

Customer Question
My printer will not...

My printer will not scan. The printer is a MFC-J6935DW

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your MFC-J6935DW when you try to scan?

No it looks like it is scanning and says scan complete, but nothing is on the USB stick. I have also tried multiple USB sticks thinking that was the problem

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I have not, how do I do that

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
3/21/2018
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 4 months ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Are you able to scan to your computer fine?

May I know the operating system you are using? Is it Windows 10?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Windows 10, no it would not connect to my computer
no

How do you connect the printer to the computer? Using USB cable?

Can I access your computer remotely and check the issue?

Thank you.

Customer/p>

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Wireless

First, setup wireless once again on your printer. Follow the instructions below.

1. Press Menu on the printer control panel.

2. Choose Network or LAN => WLAN => Setup Wizard.

3. If the message, Network I/F switched to Wireless appears, press OK to accept. The wired network interface will become inactive with this setting.

4. The machine will search for your network and display a list of available SSIDs wireless name. Press the Up or Down arrow key to choose your network, then press OK.

5. Enter your wireless password ***** and press OK. Make sure you enter the wireless password ***** because it is case sensitive.

If successful, Connected will appear briefly on the LCD.

Let me know if you are able to setup wireless properly on the printer.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
thank you i need to go over to my printer in another room

Please take your time and let me know if you are able to connect the printer to the network.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
No and now I am not connected to the printer because it is not liking the wireless password ***** the network key
I got the computer connected again to the WiFi, but it still will not scan

Please enter the password ***** because it is case sensitive. Please try again.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
The printer is back connected to the wireless, but still does not scan the USB stick

Now, install the printer on your computer. Download and install the latest driver for your printer from the link below.

http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadend.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=mfcj6935dw_us_eu&os=10013&dlid=dlf102826_000&flang=4&type3=11

After installing the driver, try scanning from the computer and let me know the result.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
I am going to have to try this tomorrow. The snow is starting to pile up and I need to head home.

Take your time and be back with the result.

Thank you.

Customer/p>