Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I upgraded to Windows 10 and now my Brother Printer MFC-290C…

Customer Question
I upgraded to Windows...

I upgraded to Windows 10 and now my Brother Printer MFC-290C will no longer scan (will not connect to PC) and I'm not sure if the Fax works.

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your MFC-290C when you try to scan?

It says connecting to printer, but nothing happens. It just sits there.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Don't know if I've ever done that.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

When I updated to version 10 of windows there were multiple issues. I had the Microsoft support group work on it. They got the printer to work with the PC but they didn't do anything with the scanner portion. I think they updated the driver for the printer.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
3/21/2018
Technician: Jason Jones, Technician replied 5 months ago
Jason Jones, Technician

My name is***** will be the person helping you today.

You will need to update the driver/software package for the Printer before it will start scanning again.

If you are using the 64 bit version of Windows 10, you may download the software from the following page: http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadend.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=mfc290c_all&os=10013&dlid=dlf005219_000&flang=8&type3=11

If you are using the 32 bit version of Windows 10, you may download the software from the following page: http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadend.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=mfc290c_all&os=10012&dlid=dlf005219_000&flang=8&type3=11

My goal is to give you the best experience possible. I hope that I have earned a 5 star rating. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.

Thank you,
***** *****