Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Black print is too light. New cartridge. Supply Level shows…

Black print is too...

Black print is too light. New cartridge. Supply Level shows it's full. C4780 I also used the cartridge cleaning routine. The problem happened quickly.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

HP C4780

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your C4780?

Just happened yesterday.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Two weeks ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Faint printing is with both copy and print from computer

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2018
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Make sure that you are using exact model, and original cartridges. Then, try the following and let me know the response.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.

Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.

Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.

If any of the cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.

Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message. When inserting the cartridges back, make sure you insert the black cartridge first.

Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It did not help when printing from the computer, but the copies now look much better.
Perhaps related is the message on my computer that the Printer Is Not Connected, but it still prints.
The computer was recently serviced: new drive, installed OS High Sierra 10.13, malware found and removed, ran updates, java update and maintenance.

Please follow the instructions given below.

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.
  3. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.
  4. Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the Printers & Scanners window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.
    Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.

Make sure that you are using the Best Quality option while printing from the computer.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The Reset procedure appeared to go smoothly, though I was surprised when I repeated the procedure that I needed to again add the printer.
The printing from the computer is still light for Fast Draft. The blacks are good with Best, ***** ***** is very slow (as you know). Fast Draft has been almost as good as Best, ***** ***** past.

The issue might be with the printhead. You may try cleaning it again by following the instructions in the link below.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-photosmart-c4700-all-in-one-printer-series/3794613/model/3794614/document/c01675472

Thank you!

Customer/p>

How is the print now?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Print quality is looking fine now. Not sure which process worked, as I did them all together.
Thanks,

Glad to hear that. If you have any issues, please be back.

Thank you.

Customer/p>