Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Trying to hook up an HP Deskjet F380 All-in-one

Customer Question
Trying to hook up...

Trying to hook up an HP Deskjet F380 All-in-one Printer-scanner-copier to new iMac

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your DeskJet: wirelessly or by USB?

USB

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Don't know what that is

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

My address book only has phone numbers, where do I enter Email addresses

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
3/21/2018
Technician: Jason Jones, Technician replied 3 months ago
Jason Jones, Technician

My name is***** will be the person helping you today.

I understand that you are trying to hook up your printer to your iMac. May I ask what problems you are having? If you are not having problems, do you simply need some help setting it up?

If you wish, I can remotely connect to your computer and help you install the printer. When the remote session begins, I will be able to chat with you while I install the printer.

Thank you,

***** *****

Just need help installing the printer

Thank you for responding.

Do you have the installation CD that came with the printer?

In that case, you simply need to put the cd in the iMac, install the software, and plug the printer into the computer using your USB cable. Once that is complete, the printer will work.

Does that all make sense?

where do I put the cd in the iMac?

Is there a place to put the cd?

IF you don't have a CD drive, you can simply download the driver software from the following page: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-deskjet-f300-all-in-one-printer-series/1129389/model/1129390

Once you download the software, install it and you will be all set.

Is there anything else I can help you with today? If so, please let me know. If that is all for now, please do not forget to rate my help on top of this page.
Thank you,
Jason