Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Trying to scan a page to my email but the jpeg is blank when…

Customer Question
Trying to scan a...

Trying to scan a page to my email but the jpeg is blank when I get it.

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your printer when you try to scan?

No

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Last year

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just how to scan to my email, thanks

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2018
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 4 months ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

May I know the make and model number of your printer/scanner?

Are you able to copy like Xerox (photocopy) without using the computer?

May I know the operating system you are using? Is it Windows 10?

Thank you.

Canon MG5420 yes for copies Mac 10.13.3 High Sierra

Have you tried scanning using ImageCapture? Try scanning using ImageCapture by following the instructions in the link below.

https://www.switchingtomac.com/tutorials/how-to-scan-in-os-x-using-image-capture/

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!