Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I CAN'T GET A DOCUMENT FROM MY LAPTOP TO THE PRINTER. WHEN i…

Customer Question
I CAN'T GET A...

I CAN'T GET A DOCUMENT FROM MY LAPTOP TO THE PRINTER. WHEN i CLICK ON THE PRINTER BUTTON i GET a screen asking me where I want to send a fax. Until yesterday things worked okay.

Technician's Assistant: Are your device's other functions (printing, copying, scanning, etc.) working fine?

The scanner works okay and I can print the scanned sheet without the computer. But I can get the scanned document, one page at a time to print. I can get the document on the computer and bring itup on the screen. But from there it goes to the screen for a fax. Documents I create do the same.

Technician's Assistant: When did this fax issue begin?

Two days ago I think.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I can't think of more right now.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
3/21/2018
Technician: technicalcat, Consultant replied 6 months ago
technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. This is an independent, fee-based technical support site.

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you now.

Have you tried selecting a different printer? It sounds like you are printing to your fax printer. Is that all you see in your printer list?

NOTE: To reply to me, please type your message in the box below and click the button to send.