Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have the HP printer wireless hooked up for my lap top just…

Good morning.. I have...

Good morning.. I have the HP printer wireless hooked up for my lap top just bought a computer and want it to hook up to the wireless but my computer won't recognize it. Do I need to download something?

Technician's Assistant: What HP model do you have?

7100 all in one

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your HP printer?

7100 all in one

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Just bought this computer 2 days ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you

3/21/2018
Mike Taylor
Mike Taylor, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue

have you gone into settings to add your printer to your new system yet?

I am assuming you have windows 10 being a new computer...

Click on start button in bottom left hand corner

Click settings icon which is the icon that look like a gear or cog.

Click DEVICES

Click PRINTERS & SCANNERS

Click ADD A PRINTER OR SCANNER at the top

Windows will now search your network for your printer

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for my time today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today otherwise I wont be paid from your already made deposit for helping you. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know and ill be happy to help you more

I did that but wouldn’t recognize it.
I just downloaded off of HP website but have to leave for work. So not sure if that worked?

Yes that is the next step, you can download all HP software and drivers for your printer directly and it should work even once the software utilities have been installed... That should fix the issue yes

Thank you!

Very welcome, My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for my time today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today otherwise I wont be paid from your already made deposit for helping you. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know and ill be happy to help you more

5 Stars

Thanks very much, please rate the stars by clicking them on your page

Mike Taylor
Mike Taylor, Technician
There aren’t any??
I went and did on computer. I was on my iphone

All done, I appreciate you taking the time to do that.....Thankyou

Welcome.. have a good day!

You too :-)