Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

XP440 having issues with MacOS Hight Sierra version 10.13.3…

Customer Question
XP440 having issues with...

XP440 having issues with MacOS Hight Sierra version 10.13.3 can u help?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your Sierra software?

Updating now will be disconnected thanks

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Printer won't come online unless I delete printer, reboot, then add printer. I updated my MacOS yesterday.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2018
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 6 months ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please follow the instructions given below.

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.
  3. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.
  4. Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the Printers & Scanners window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.
    Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

have done the above three times, each time the message say "waiting for scanner". How long must I wait? Will I be charged again for this service?
thank you
I spent $34 to get this far. If I now spend $39.00, that would be $73.00 and I would still have the same printer.
I may have to junk this one and buy a different brand. thank you
Technician: Joel Kalman, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer

Hello. My name is Joel. I am sorry that you have been having difficulties. I can help you solve your problem. It looks like you still need assistance.

To correct the connection problem with your printer, we will need to reset your printing system, uninstall your printer software, restart your computer, and download and install the latest drivers for your printer from the official manufacturer's support website. I can show you how to do this interactively. Please let me know when you are ready to continue.

Please
Cancel order and issue refund for $23.00
Thank you

I have submitted a request on your behalf to Customer Service for a full refund.