Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It keeps saying that the paper is jammed and it is not. I've…

Customer Question
Second opinion] It keeps saying...
Second opinion] It keeps saying that the paper is jammed and it is not. I've tried putting new paper in. moving the cartridges and everything but cant get it to printJA: What's the model of your printer?Customer: PIXMA MG2500 seriesJA: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?Customer: Yes I've done that several times if it is the one that drops down there seems to be a latch that would lift up but I'm afraid to open that oneJA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?Customer: Yes why cant I use the color cartridge only the black ink. and could the black cartridge being empty cause it to not print and if so why cant I just use the color cartridge
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
3/21/2018
Technician: Joel Kalman, Engineer replied 3 months ago
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer

Hello. I am pleased to assist you today. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

This Note comes from p. 57 of the MG2500 Series Online Manual.

"If a FINE cartridge runs out of ink, you can print with either Color or Black FINE cartridge, in whichever ink remains, only for a while. However, the print quality may be reduced compared to when printing with both cartridges. We recommend using a new FINE cartridge in order to obtain optimum qualities."

A further clarification continues on p. 58:

"Even when printing with one ink only, print with leaving the empty FINE cartridge installed. If either the Color or the Black FINE cartridge is not installed, an error occurs and the machine cannot print.

"Color ink may be consumed even when printing a black-and-white document or when black-and-white printing is specified."

(The above notes have been quoted with minor modifications for clarity only.)

Furthermore, p. 104 of the MG2500 Series Online Manual states that if you are only using one ink cartridge, you must set the ink cartridge to be used, as follows:

"

1. Select Ink Cartridge Settings from the pop-up menu on the Canon IJ Printer Utility.
  2. Select the FINE cartridge to be used and click Apply.
  3. Complete the setup by clicking OK when the confirmation message appears.

The specified FINE cartridge will be used from the next printing.

"