Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

When I try to print it goes into the jammed message and

When I try to...

When I try to print it goes into the jammed message and won't print. The printer is not jammed.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Epson Workforce 633

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your WorkForce?

Just today and I have a big quote that I need to print out to take with me tomorrow.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I am not sure I know what you mean?

3/21/2018
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

The most common and likely cause to this type of problem is either some foreign object/paper dust is stuck in the paper feed or printer, or the paper sensor in the feed tray has become dirty or defective.

Turn Off the printer, unplug it from the power as well as from computer completely.Then remove all paper from the paper feed unit and blow it out with compressed air a few times. With a flashlight look inside the paper feed to ensure there is nothing obstructing the paper feed mechanism down inside the printer where it is not easily seen.

Next, take moistened Q-tips and clean the rubber rollers in the automatic sheet feeder using it. Then blow some compressed air inside the printer as well to remove excess dust and to dry the rollers.

Holding the printer in both hands, turn it upside down and gently shake it for a few seconds to see if anything falls out of the paper feed area.

Then plug the printer back up and replace it with a fresh, small stack (about 5 pages) of paper.Then try to print again.

If still, it doesn't help then as a last resort you can try forcing a thick paper or fold an A4 piece of paper in half, and then by hand push it through the machine, hopefully, this may push any objects out.

After that turn the printer OFF, when it is on, by unplugging it from the power source.
Then unplug it from the computer and leave it that way for 10 minutes. Then replace everything back.

Tell me how it goes!

All I did was turn it off and back on and it worked.
I have been working for 13 hours and should have thought about doing that myself.
Thanks for your help. What will I be charged for this?
Diane

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen > then select submit, before you leave today.

Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
$39 for 5 minutes at the most. Why so much? It said $28 so I don't

I don't have any info on your charge. I am the technical guy.

For payment concerns you can follow the link to our customer care: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Our customer care will surely help you.

How do I get in contact with them?

Please click this link to get in touch with the Customer care: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help