Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

TO SET UP MY EPSON XP324 TO AIR PRINT BUT CAN'T FIND

I'M TRYING TO SET...

I'M TRYING TO SET UP MY EPSON XP324 TO AIR PRINT BUT CAN'T FIND INSTRUCTIONS

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

I'M USING A MACBOOK AND AN IPAD2

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your XP324?

HAVEN'T TRIED FOR SOME TIME BUT USED TO WORK OK

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

NO THX

3/21/2018
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Do you have the printer connected to wifi?

Nathan, I had not intended to sign up for a subscription service. Please arrange to refund my deposit. Thanks.

You didn't sign up for a membership or subscription, just a one time fee.

I have no ability to cancel or refund anything.

If that's the case, we'd better sort out my problem eh?
My printer is connected to wifi now.
Okay and is the iPad connected to the same WiFi network?
the Macbook

Okay there is really no other "setup" needed,

so long as you are on wifi with both devices, you should be able to use airprint now,

go open Photos for example, select a photo on the ipad (view full screen) then tap the Up arrow at the bottom of the image to view the options, and you can then choose Print,

it should identify the epson, ask how many copies, size, etc

I get the message:"no AirPrint printer found"
Are you able to print from the Mac book?
printer had turned itself off. trying again. same message.
Please check that you can successfully print from the Mac
No it shows printer not connected
now the iPad is printing ok. must have taken some time for the iPad to find the printer after I turned it on.
macbook still not connected.

Okay that is a bit separate, but at least the air print is working so the network connection is good.

Go into the mac Preferences, under Printers,

select the Epson, then click the minus - button to remove the printer,

then click the + to reinstall and it should be found

OK it's working now thanks.

You're very welcome! Glad it is working again for you.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, Engineer

Was there something wrong with the help I've provided?
It appears you may have asked for a refund. This is a paid support service, it is not free help, so asking for a refund is expecting me to work for free for my time spent advising you with an answer which clearly resolved the problem for you.