Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My printer is an Epson Work Force WF-3640 and has eror code…

Customer Question
My printer is an...

My printer is an Epson Work Force WF-3640 and has eror code 0x69 whats my prolem

Technician's Assistant: Is your Epson printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I have no idea

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
3/21/2018
Technician: Karthik, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

This error code is usually caused by an obstruction within the printer. More often than not, the cartridge cover has not been closed properly.

Try the following steps to resolve this issue:

• Open the printer lid and check that all cartridges are installed correctly. Push firmly into place.
  • If present, securely close the cartridge cover, pictured below.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the error message remains after the above steps, perform the following:

• Turn the printer off, then disconnect the power and USB cable if connected.
  • Open the printer cover and check for any torn or jammed paper and remove it carefully.
  • Check for any other debris around the roller, print head and carriage area such as a build up of dust or dirt, plastic pull tabs, spilled ink or loose parts etc. and remove from the printer carefully.
  • Connect printer to the power supply and initialize as normal.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you