Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I am trying to print some spread sheets but my printer

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to print some spread sheets but my printer display shows "DEEP SLEEP and won't print anythjng. It's a Brother MFC-L2700DW.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your MFC-L2700DW: wirelessly or by USB?

Wirelessly.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

It's been a while. I am not sure I have done it in the last year.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
3/21/2018
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I turned the printer off and turned it back on again. It still said "DEEP SLEEP in the display window. I waited (I had no other choice) about an hour and did other work that didn't require printing. The printer then spontaneously began working through the que, printing all the items I had entered try to get the machine to respond before. It printed four copies of the document I wanted plus three items I tried to print that were using different print areas, different software programs and different formats. After they all printed, the display returned to its former and usual text saying "Stack", "Copies 01" and Sleep." It seems to be working properly now but I wonder if I need to install new drivers to update. I haven't done that is quite a long while. This happened once before, when the printer was new and I did the initial set-up. I believe I remember the technician with whom I spoke at that time, after two previous tries were not successful with two other technicians, saying the problem was some settings that were dependent on the kinds of drivers I had. We re-installed the correct drivers, adjusted the settings and everything worked fine from that day forward, until now. I did not write down the instructions he gave me for fixing the problem and I don't remember what they were.

OK thank you for the update