Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Paper jam. CanonPixma MX922. Just now. Not lately. Just

CanonPixma MX922 Technician's Assistant:...

CanonPixma MX922

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?

Just now

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Not lately

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Nope... just can't access the jam

3/21/2018
Karthik
Karthik, Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

If the jammed paper tears and you cannot remove the paper either from the paper output slot or the jammed paper remains inside the machine, remove the paper following the procedure below.

1. Turn off the machine, and unplug the power cord of the machine from the power supply.

2. Open the document cover and the ink cover.

Important

• Do not touch the clear film (A) or the white belt (B).

If the paper or your hands touch these parts and blot or scratch them, the machine can be damaged.

3. Make sure that the jammed paper is not under the print head holder.

• If the jammed paper is under the print head holder, move the print head holder to the right edge or the left edge whichever is easier to remove the paper.
  • When you move the print head holder, hold the top of the print head holder and slide it slowly to the right edge or the left edge.

4. Hold the jammed paper with your hands.

• If the paper is rolled up, pull it out.

5. Pull the paper slowly not to tear it, then pull the paper out.

• Keep an angle of the paper about 45 degrees and pull it slowly.

6. Make sure that all the jammed paper is removed.

• If the paper is torn, a piece of paper may remain inside the machine. Check the following and remove the piece of paper if it remains.
  • Does the piece of paper remain under the print head holder?

• Does the little piece of paper remain inside the machine?

• Does the piece of paper remain in the right side or the left side space (C) inside the machine?

7. Close the ink cover and the document cover.

• All print jobs in the queue are canceled. Reprint if necessary.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you

Karthik
Karthik, Engineer