Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I am getting a message that says device error. This started…

I am getting a...

I am getting a message that says device error. This started after I cleared a paper jam. Laser Jet Pro 200 colorMFP 276

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your LaserJet?

15 minutes

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I don't think my husband has

3/21/2018
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

Ok, let me try

OK thank you

Still showing error. Clicking sound and

How old is the printer?

Got it Christmas 2015 and this is the first problem.

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new one for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.

Ok. Thank you for your time.
Can I use it for a little while before I get another one.

It depends if it will allow you to

I apologize that I had to deliver the bad news to you. Please understand that we do not like to deliver bad news because our rating on the site is based on the feedback of our customers so bad news situations are difficult to deal with. Thankfully, a large majority of our customers are understanding that we are just messengers in the situation and do not take it out on the rating system.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Harry, Engineer